Tuesday, April 14, 2015

What To Paint?

I have the Billy Boyd song, The Last Goodbye from the Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies stuck in my head. I love the song.  I love Billy Boyd.  I wish I had money and then I would get his band's albums.  For now I'll just have to make do with YouTube.

I want to paint.  I feel inspired.  But I don't know what I want to paint.  At some point I'd like to paint the wedding party from my wedding.  I'm not sure I'm in the mood to do that, though.



I hung up some of my paintings in the Pet Room of our apartment.  I wish I had a house so I could hang up all of them.  And of course my husband doesn't like the portraits.  He feels like they're staring at him, seeing deep into his soul.  So I hung up pictures where the eyes aren't focused straight out.






My husband had his second MRI of his back done today.  The last one was 3 years old and the back surgeon wanted a more up to date one before making a final decision on his back.  We see him in a couple of weeks.

I sent my last painting to some people who aren't on Facebook, one of which is a former boss of mine, and he trashed it.  He said they don't look like realistic cats.  I told him they weren't supposed to be realistic.  That's my style.  I do Expressionist-like work.  Not that I know what that means.  That's what my aunt told me and she took Art History Classes at Queen's University.

Perhaps my painting isn't realistic, that doesn't mean no one wants it.  It's just very stylized, and if you like the style, then you should buy one of my pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment