Tuesday, April 7, 2015

An Open MRI...Yes Please

Today I had my second attempt at getting an MRI done on my head.  The first I had to stop partway through due to claustrophobia.  This time I went somewhere different, somewhere they had an Open MRI Machine.  This time I was successful.  Woo hoo!  It wasn't that bad, I just drifted off into fantasy land.  Harry Potter fantasy land to be exact.  I've written some fan fiction for Harry Potter and I just went over the storyline in my head.  It worked.  I did take some of my anti-anxiety medication first, just in case.

My appointment with the ear surgeon isn't until the end of the month, so I'll have to wait until then to find out the results.  Although I'm 99.9% sure they'll find nothing wrong.  I got the disc from the Imaging center so when I got home I looked at the images.  I couldn't make sense of it but that's hardly surprising since I did not go to medical school.  Still pretty cool though.

So next time I need an MRI, I'm going to ask for an Open MRI.  If you have the choice, and you're claustrophobic I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment