Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Variant Migraines

I saw the ENT doctor today.  He said that I have what's called Variant Migraines.  It means I get vertigo with a migraine whether there's pain or not.  My migraines have been increasing rapidly, so the ENT told me to see a neurologist as soon as possible.  The problem is the Neurologist at my location is booking into November.  It's not even May yet.  He said that if I have trouble booking an appointment sooner, he (the ENT) will call the Neurologist himself.  But the fabulous news is that the MRI came back clean.  No brain tumors or other nasty things I don't want.

Yesterday we got the final word that my husband will not be having back surgery.  His MRI showed that the progression of his disease has significantly slowed, but the pain is real and now he's got to go back and do another round of Physical Therapy.

Tomorrow I have two doctor's appointments.  Group Therapy and then another appointment for my knee.  It's been aching so badly under the kneecap, that my orthopedist wants to see me sooner than my followup in a couple of weeks.  I have a condition (of which I forget the name) where the kneecap is misaligned with the knee.  It's incredibly painful even with my PT exercises. The pain came back really badly, after I smacked my knee into our paper shredder a few weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment