Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Damn, Montreal Won

I was kind of hoping for Ottawa to beat the pants off the Habs.  As that is incredibly unlikely, I would settle for squeezing out a win.  Tonight Montreal won.  Congratulations Cousin Ken.  I'm terribly sorry Cousin Kenzie.  Yes, I have relatives in Canada, some of which are Habs fans, some of which are Senators fans, and even some who are Maple Leafs fans.  And even though Ottawa was one of the teams who edged my Bruins out of the playoffs, I want them to win the Cup.  It would mean a lot to my cousin Kenzie who grew up in Ottawa.

If the New York Rangers won the Cup I wouldn't be too devastated either.  Just because they wanted it so badly last year.

That's right, I'm Canadian.  Sort of.  I was born to two Canadian parents in Boston, Massachusetts in the good ole US of A.  So technically I have the right to be either.  I travel with a US passport however, because while Canada accepts Dual Citizenship, the US does not.  And I grew up in the US.  I did go to the University of Toronto for a year.  It was a good learning experience.  And I don't mean learning about what I was supposed to be learning.  I was manic for several months and then I crashed big time.  Huge crash.  That's when I was first put on medication.  I also learned that Canadians really hate the United States.  That was a tough lesson to swallow.  Finally I learned that Law & Order is more fun than going to class.  Oops.

I could write a book on my experiences in Canada.  I might too.  But for now let's just say I didn't go back after 1st year.  I had two surgeries instead and started working at Starbucks.  I worked there for about 8 months before getting a better paying job at Millennium Pharmaceuticals, which I still have dreams about.  But again, that's a whole book of a story.  While at Millennium, I took advantage of their Tuition Reimbursement and went to Northeastern University at night for a few years.  Still didn't get that far.  I have maybe the equivalent of two years under my belt.

I wanted to finish my degree at Mount Ida College in Newton, MA, but sadly my financial aid fell through.  So I am a multiple college dropout, whose team didn't make the Playoffs for the Stanley Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment