Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Friends Cost Money

I miss my friends.  I would see my friends and visit with them if only I had a car.  I can't get a car without money.  I can't meet my friends in a local restaurant because I have no money.

So when did friends cost money?  I'm not sure.

I haven't hung out with friend L in a year now.  I saw two friends and some family for my birthday in January.  That was nice.  I could do that because my mom treated me and my husband while everyone else paid for themselves.  Of course it's hard to catch up with everybody in a span of 2 hours.  And that was the night the Patriots barely beat the Ravens in the AFC East Championship Game.

I see my friends status updates on Facebook, but it's never enough.  Most people don't really post what's going on.

Maybe soon when we have more money, we can get a car and I can finally meet my nephew who lives an hour away.  I can drive to my friends apartments and just spend some time chatting.  No one uses the phone anymore and I abhor texting.

One can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment