Sunday, April 26, 2015

Being Fat Doesn't Mean Being Ugly

I wrote a Blog Post a week ago titled "So I'm Fat".  I got a lot of page views and it made me wonder why.  Do people enjoy reading about other people's struggles?  Or can people relate to it?

I wanted to clear something up.  I may be fat, but I also think I'm beautiful.  I have curves, which my husband finds sexy.  I like my face, and I like my figure.  For the most part.  If I could get rid of some of the fat off my abdomen, I'd be happy. But most of it is excess skin from when I lost 75 pounds, so without surgery, I'm kind of stuck with it.

Real men like curvy women.  I've heard that but in practice seen it very rarely.  When I would go out with friends, I never got hit on.  Except for that one time I got proposed to by a service man about to deploy to Iraq.  He was drunk.

I think I have a fabulous sense of style when I try.  Obviously when I go out in sweatpants I'm not trying.  But I love to dress in my own style.  Often it reflects the style of the day, just with a little twist.  For instance, I'm totally into Sweater Dresses which were big this year.  I would wear them with leggings and stylish boots.  I would get compliments in this one red sweater dress from total strangers.  Then I was wearing a blue dress I got last year with a brown cardigan.  I had my hair in braided pigtails, contacts in, and makeup on.  The checkout person at Walmart told me, "You look so  pretty!"  I was very flattered.  Then my aunt or uncle (I'm not sure which because they both use my uncle's Facebook account) told me I looked awesome from a picture I posted of me from that same day.

So being fat doesn't mean ugly.  It means that yes, I might eat more or have a hereditary condition, or are on weight gaining medications, and that I am heavier than many, but I still can rock my appearance and feel good about myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment