Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Hunger Games As Therapy

Wil and Anne Wheaton's dog Riley passed away Sunday night.  This may seem like it has nothing to do with me, but it rips open the old scab I feel about my family dog, Caesar, passing on.  They wrote beautiful stories about their dog, and I know I've done the same about Caesar.  The pain never really goes away.  According to the Pope, our late pets are waiting for us in Heaven.  I believed that even before the Pope said it.  How can they not?  Pets are pure love.

Sigh...

On a brighter note, I had a good day.  I went to my DBT Group, where we had excellent conversations about Distress Tolerance.  I personally put on a Hunger Games movie when I need to pull myself back from a crisis situation.  Thank you Suzanne Collins for your phenomenal series and for Lionsgate for bringing them to life.  I tend to distract when I'm in crisis.  It has proven more useful and far better than self destructive tendencies.

My husband had an appointment for his arthritic hips (mind you, he's only 34) and that went pretty well.  His Bursitis has gotten worse so the Nurse Practitioner we saw, who is very good, gave him a cortisone injection into his right bursa.  We're hoping that does something positive.

It snowed today.  Seriously?  It is April 8th (Happy Birthday Gary and Annie) and it snowed.  I am done with snow.  I want weather in the 60's and 70's, you know, Spring?  I don't like summer.  I hate being too hot.  But the Spring and the Fall are my favorite times of the year.  At least I'm not in LA, where it has already reached 90+.  I can't believe they're going to run out of water in a year.  What are they going to do?  What are we going to do?

Climate Change is real folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment