Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter and Happy Passover! The Babblings of A Lost Soul

Ah Easter, the holiday I'm supposed to feel moved.  I was raised Protestant, and for awhile I was going to First Presbyterian Church of Waltham.  I liked the church and I liked the pastors.  But money was an ongoing problem and the pastors had to leave the church.  I moved away and so I have been church-less for quite some time now.  There is a church within easy walking distance that I want to try.  It's Tewksbury Congregational Church, a United Christ Church.  I am iffy though because my faith has wavered.  And it has to be LGBT friendly, which I can't tell from the outside.

My faith has wavered for a lot of reasons.  I always used to associate myself with being Protestant, but recently I'm feeling more Agnostic.  I can't get over how so many churches teach hate instead of love and acceptance.  And I'm not sure I believe in Easter anymore.  Which to be honest, scares the hell out of me.  I remember way back when we still went to Park Street Church in Boston, there was an Easter sermon that really moved me.  I want to feel that again.  Maybe a good starting point would be to go back to church.  I can't expect to get moved sitting in bed all day.  I do still pray and talk to God.  And no, he doesn't talk back in the way that makes me either a Saint or a crazy person.  But I get peace talking to Him.  Or Her.

So I'm not an Atheist.  But I'm not really feeling organized religion either.  Is there a place for me at Church? If it could find my faith again, I think I would like that.  I'm just a lost soul.

So this Easter and Passover, I have felt nothing.  I don't like that.  Will church solve that?  I think I'd like to find out.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment