Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cortisone Injection? Okay

I mentioned in my post last night that I was seeing an orthopedist today for my knee.  It's been absolutely killing me.  I saw her today and she gave me a cortisone shot.  Not the most pleasant thing in the world, but not the worst either.  Once the Lidocaine wore off, oh boy, did the pain come back worse as ever.  You see cortisone injections can take up to six weeks to work.  I hope this shot works in a few days.  I start physical therapy for it in two weeks.  As I mentioned my kneecap is misaligned and if I don't keep up the strength in my muscles surrounding the knee, I experience pain.  The orthopedist checked the strength of my muscles and they were very weak, hence the reason for physical therapy.

DBT Group was good today.  There were only 4 of us.  Nice and intimate.  No one hijacking the group to talk about things that aren't on topic.

I came home from my two appointments, ate breakfast and went to sleep.  I haven't been sleeping well.  Last night I had dreams about my piggies getting lost on a farm.  I rescued 5 of the 6 of them but couldn't find Smorsie.  It was most upsetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment