Sunday, April 26, 2015

Busy Nothings

I have a confession to make.  I slept almost 18 hours last night/today.  Oops.  Now my sleep cycle is all messed up and I have doctors appointments the next three days.  

Tomorrow is my husband's appointment for his back.  The surgeon will make the final decision on whether to operate or not based on the MRI he had last week.  If he doesn't do surgery, we are kind of out of options.  He's already tried physical therapy, injections, and medications. Nothing seems to work.  Surgery was our last option.  

On Tuesday I have to go all the way into Boston to meet with the Ear Nose and Throat surgeon, to read MY MRI.  I'm sure mine will come back clean.  I can't imagine they would find anything wrong.  The pain in my ear has mostly dissipated.  I still get it every now and then, but it's not nearly as bad as it was before.  Although I am curious if it shows why I've been getting so many migraines.  Probably not.  

Wednesday I have my weekly DBT Group.  Then I have Thursday off and I go see my therapist on Friday.  What a week.  I hate having so many appointments in one week.  

I have a new summer hairstyle.  It's nothing new or unique.  I twist my hair into a bun and hold it in place with an elastic.  It's a big deal to me though because I haven't had hair long enough to do this in a decade.  It keeps the hair off my neck and it only takes a minute to do.  

I'm currently listening to my Jenn's Greatest Hits playlist on iTunes.  It's 430 songs that takes 1.2 days to listen to the entire thing.  It consists of just about every genre.  I love listening to it because it's such a wide assortment of music.  You never know what's going to come up next.  

We're out of soda and we didn't have enough Food Stamps to pick any up in this week's shopping trip.  So we're drinking water, which is far better for us anyway.  I am addicted to Diet Coke, so I'm going through a bit of withdrawal and craving it every minute of the day.  But ice water is healthy, so we're going to see how long we can stick with it.  Who knows, maybe I'll start losing weight again.  


No comments:

Post a Comment