Monday, March 30, 2015

7 Years of Bliss...Actually That's Not Quite How The Story Goes

Yesterday was the 7 year anniversary of the first date of me and my husband.  Ordinarily I would never remember such a date, but as I have an email sent the day following, I am able to track when the event took place.  7 years.  7 years ago, I had my husband over to watch Back to the Future and order in subs.  I got a steak bomb, one of the messiest things I could have gotten.  He wasn't phased by watching me eat it.  Then we watched the movie.  He tentatively reached over and held my hand.  After the movie, we talked and talked.

And that was it.  We stayed in touch but didn't go on another date for a year.  I even dated someone else in between.  We've never been able to pinpoint what happened that caused us to become friends first, but somehow it helped us out in the long run.  He told me that I was his best friend and that he still thinks of our first date.  That sunk me.  I was like, why are we not together.  So I asked him out again.  This time things progressed to marriage and beyond.

I love my husband and can't imagine how I ever survived without him.  He completes me.  I know that's cheesy but it's true.  Before him all I knew was loneliness.  Now I feel completely together.  He helps my mood, and he makes me want to be a better person.

I'll leave you with a picture I took Saturday, of the two of us, just hanging out.


No comments:

Post a Comment