Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I'll Have An MRI With A Side of Claustrophobia

I am still battling bronchitis, but when I woke up this morning I hadn't had a coughing fit in a while.  So I went to get the MRI done of my head.  I downed the rest of the Robitussin with Codeine and went on my way.  When I got there I filled out the questionnaire and they got me set up.  I lay on the table, no coughing.  They put the head cage around my head.  No coughing,  They loaded me in and I thought, "Good God, how did I do this before?"  I made it exactly ten minutes before a full on claustrophobia attack happened.  I had to stop the test.  It was a combination of trying to keep from coughing and the fact there wasn't enough air flow.  So I called the doctor's office who ordered in and was like, "I tried, but I failed."  The woman said that next time they're give me valium and they'll do an open MRI.  She's going to call to schedule me tomorrow.

After the failed MRI attempt I had an appointment in my PCP's office to check to see if I had pneumonia as I wasn't getting better.  She ended up putting me on prednisone and increasing my inhaler puffs.  I have tried EVERYTHING to decrease the coughing.  Now, I just have to wait.

I've had to put the book on hold for a week while I've been sick.  I'm also at the point where I'm not sure where I want the story to go next.  As for painting, I'm going to start in a few days, finish the painting that is long overdue, and get it shipped out to my client on April 4th.  I'm so tired of letting all these sicknesses interfere with my artistic creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment