Saturday, March 14, 2015

Bronchitis Complicates Things

I have 3 diagnostic tests to be done on Monday and Tuesday.  I have a colonoscopy and endoscopy on Monday, and a head MRI with contrast on Tuesday.  Well a few days ago I developed a massively awful deep cough.  Today I went to Urgent Care and sure enough I have bronchitis.  Yuck.

I'm not sure it matters for my GI tests.  I asked yesterday if it mattered if I had a cough and they said as long as I don't have a fever I should be good to go.  Well I don't have a fever.  So I'm going to go ahead with the prep.  For those of you who don't know, the prep is far worse than the actual procedures.  I just drank Magnesium Citrate and am now chasing it with water as instructed.  Then tomorrow I have to mix Miralax with two bottles of Powerade.  At 3am the day of the test I take more Miralax with Powerade and hope that I am cleaned out, otherwise they cannot do the test.  Gross, right?  TMI?  Maybe, but it's something we all must go through if you have the good fortune of living to the age of 50.

I'm not 50.  I'm 35.  And I've already had 2 colonoscopies and an endoscopy done before.  That's how I know the prep is rather unfortunate.  I have a history of colitis and colon polyps.  I also had internal bleeding a few weeks ago, which they want to check out with the endoscopy.

So damn the Bronchitis!  I'm going to go through with at least the first two tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment