Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Unluckiest Hero

I've finally started writing a novel that I may want to get published. I started it Tuesday and now (On Thursday) I am up to 15 pages written.  IT being a first draft, I'm sure it will end up having a lot more details in a later draft.  I may need some help editing.  And unless I pay to have it published through something like lulu.com, I'm not positive how to get a publisher's attention.  Everyone wants to be famous and have a book published.  They must have some kind of screening process, but how I take the first step is a mystery to me.

The working title is "The Unluckiest Hero."  It's about a woman in a dead end job finding her passion and following her dreams.  Kind of like rags to riches only she has a dark past which comes out eventually.  She's far from perfect, being overweight, Bipolar, and a former cutter.  Yes it is loosely based on me.  But I make significant changes to how I grew up as to not embarrass my family.  My main character is also younger than I am, which is a first.

I think it will be a fun book to read.  A little bit of humor and a little bit of drama.  It's a work of fiction I hope I can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment