Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Sad Excuse For A Busy Day

I wish I could say that I had a fabulously exciting busy day.  Full of adventure, good company, and good food.  Actually, minus the adventure part, I guess it was a good busy day.  I started the day by oversleeping.  Oops.  My stepfather was almost here to take me to do laundry and go grocery shopping by he time I got up.  My husband and I threw on some clothes and I negotiated that we could go to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast.  After Dunkin Donuts we went to the laundromat with 3 large bags of dirty laundry.  We hadn't done laundry in 5 weeks.  The machines that we would have liked to have used were occupied so we crammed 2 bags worth into the super large washer and I divided the remaining bag into 2 washers.  Exciting right?  I took up 5 giant dryers to get our clothes dry in 35 minutes.

The next stop was the grocery store.  I had a list (for once) and we made a whirlwind trip of the store.  Did I mention my stepfather had to pick up my mother from Lowell?  Well she was ready before we even got to CVS which was where everything unraveled.  My husband changed health insurance March 1st so his prescription was billed incorrectly.  I wasn't about to pay $253 for his anti depressant.  So they had to rebill it which took longer.  I bought the laxatives for my colonoscopy prep.  Then when it was ready the woman in front of me was old and couldn't understand why her coupon for baby products wasn't good when she wasn't buying any baby products. Then she paid with a check.  The CVS worker accidentally put my husband's prescription in the old ladies bag.  Big oops.  She was really distraught and I felt bad for her.  They quickly refilled the prescription and we were off.  Meanwhile my stepfather was half an hour late picking up my mother and he was still half an hour away.

Once home we put away the groceries and my husband did last night's dishes while I baked the brownies for my in-laws who were coming over for coffee.  They arrived exactly on time as they always do and we had a great visit.  My mother in law brought pictures of my husband when he was little, which I'd never seen before.  I scanned them into the computer and will post them in Facebook when appropriate.

We got into our clean pajamas once his parents had left and hung out in bed.  I got hungry and made tofu pad thai for myself.  I offered my husband some but he said he would have cereal.  To each his own.  Now I'm tired and it's only 9:00pm.  We lose an hour of sleep tonight for Daylight Savings Time so perhaps going to bed now would be appropriate.

So all in all I had a good day.  Not very exciting but necessarily busy.  And I had a great visit with my in laws.  We fed the snakes and the guinea pigs.  We fed ourselves.  And tomorrow I can relax and do nothing.  I'm going to leave you with a picture of my husband as a baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment