Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Dark Past and a Step Forward

I have a few secrets.  One of them is that I have been sexually assaulted by 3 different men.  The first was my babysitter.  He would come into my bedroom every Friday night and molest me.  The second was a teacher who I thought loved me, making our physical relationship okay.  Boy was I messed up with that one.  It went on for 5 years, off and on.  Lastly, I was date raped in the year leading up to meeting my husband.

I just want to say how glad I am that I have my husband, whom I know will never hurt me.  It's the first normal relationship I've had since I was 21.

I've made a decision.  I just got off the phone with the Arlington Police, and I'm going to report two of the 3 people.  I can't report the 3rd because I know nothing about him.

This is a big scary step and I am terrified.  Nothing may come of it, I think the statute of limitations is up, but I will be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment