Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Two Procedures Down, One Imaging Test To Go

I lived through the weekend.  I don't know how but I got a few hours of sleep between Saturday night and Monday morning.  Hacking up a lung is never fun while prepping for a colonoscopy and endoscopy.  Well, it's never fun to do wither, but when you combine them it really sucks.

I showed up at Lowell General Hospital, got whisked right into prep, and before I knew it, the anesthesiologist was listening very carefully to my lungs.  If he didn't like what he heard, the procedures were a no-go.  I swear he listening for 3 straight minutes.  Finally he says, "Okay, we're good".  I was wheeled into the procedure room where I sat for about 10 minutes.  They were starting half an hour early and I guess weren't entirely prepared.

Then the burning started.  That's how I knew I was getting the anesthetic, my arm and right side started burning.  And the next thing I knew I was being wheeled into recovery.  All very much by the book.  For once in my life, my colon looked good.  The endoscopy showed my stomach had irritation so they took biopsies to check for H. Pylori.  I'll find out in a few weeks.

PHEW

I was supposed to get an MRI yesterday, but I called them up and was like, it's a no go.  I can't lie still on my back for 30 minutes without hacking up a lung.  It's just not going to happen.  I rescheduled for a week from now and changed my followup appointment with ENT.

As far as the Bronchitis goes, my fever broke, but I am still in a lot of discomfort.  I can't sleep.

On the bright side, the Hay order I put in arrived within 2 days.  Yay!  Hay for the piggies!  I got $30 worth of hay for $20.  They were very happy to receive it.




No comments:

Post a Comment