Thursday, August 6, 2015

Turning 35 Can Be Intimidating

But it doesn't have to be.  My husband just turned 35 on Saturday.  For his birthday, we went to the pet store, bought frozen rats for the snakes, went to the grocery store for the first time in a month, and then went home to put the food away.  A few hours later my in-laws took us out to Chili's.  My mother-in-law was very friendly and engaging, while my father-in-law said nothing and stared into space the whole time.  Whatever, I can't be bothered by such nonsense, and neither can my husband.  When we got home, half the rats were thawed out so we fed the snakes.  They were most grateful.

The next day my husband went to Mirabella's Bakery to pick up his cake.  He can't carry it the 1/2 mile home so he brought our shopping cart and taped the box to the bottom of it, wheeling the cake home.  It actually survived pretty well.  Only one side was slightly smushed.

It was a lemon cake with lemon mousse filling and buttercream frosting.

On Monday I had a doctor's appointment.  We then went to the bank, Walmart, and then caught the bus to the other side of our town to go mini-golfing.



We were both really really bad.  I one by 2 strokes.  But we had a lot of fun.  We enjoyed a bottle of water inside after roasting in the 91 degree heat.



Next we walked to the Chinese food restaurant where we had Chinese Buffet for dinner.


While we waited for the bus, we popped into the Dollar Tree and Advance Auto Parts.  Then we headed to the bus...  Which costs a dollar....




Overall I made sure my husband had a great birthday.  Turning 35 doesn't have to be scary at all.  And we had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment