Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Ghosts Of Old Loves Past

Where does fantasy end and cheating begin?  I write stories, fictional novels, in which a character loosely based on me goes through all sorts of adventures, but always falls in love with characters loosely based on hot celebrities.  Is that cheating?  I call it fantasy.

But what if the imagination starts thinking about scenarios involving real people from the past, people that one really knows.  Is that still fantasy?

I love my husband.  But that doesn't mean I can't have fond memories of my ex-boyfriends.  For instance, I will always remember one magical night of just walking through Quincy Market in Boston, hand in hand on a cold November night with my new boyfriend.  The Christmas lights were already up and it was just beautiful.  I think that memory is fresh in my mind because recently I've been talking to that ex-boyfriend's best friend on Facebook Chat, as we are now friends.  So naturally a lot of old memories and feelings have come up.  That doesn't mean I love my husband any less.  On the contrary, that ex-boyfriend couldn't handle my mental illness (at least I think that's why he dumped me), whereas my husband is patient with me, and helps me get the professional help I need.

I don't love anybody the way I love my husband, but there are a small handful of people who will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment