Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Typical Saturday

Today is Saturday, my day for running errands.  My step-father has been taking us mostly because my mom has needed to do schoolwork as she was a teacher.  Well she's retired now, so she's going to start taking us, but today my step-father took us.  We went tot he Burlington Mall first.  Two weeks ago I dropped off my engagement ring at the jewelry store because I had smacked my hand against something and bent a prong.  The ring has six prongs, so the diamond didn't fall out (thank God), but I didn't want to take any chances.  So the ring was ready and I picked it up today.  Then at a different jewelry store we picked up my husband's wedding band which had been resized.  He went down a whole ring size which is great!  We're not really sure how he's losing weight, but it's great that he is.  The best thing about all of this?  We didn't have to pay for any of it.  When we bought the jewelry, we bought the lifetime protection plan, for a fraction of the price resizing, redipping, and repairing is.  Which is quite handy.  I highly recommend it with any fine jewelry.

Then we went to Market Basket for a few items, CVS for a few items, and returned home.  We were only gone a couple of hours.  I put the milk and eggs in the fridge, and took the rats and mice out of the freezer to thaw so we can feed the snakes tonight.

When my mom starts to drive us, she's going to take us during the week so the stores won't be so crowded.  We will have to co-ordinate that with doctor's appointments and such.  It gets overwhelming, having 3-4 appointments a week.  I'm not going back to the dentist to get my last 3 fillings until I'm done with physical therapy because it's just two many appointments a week and I'm burnt out.  Maybe I can get my mom to take me to the dentist on a day she takes us out to run errands and then I won't have to take the bus.  That might make it more manageable.

It was supposed to be a rainy, stormy day here in Massachusetts, but so far it's just cloudy.  I could use a thunderstorm.  There was one yesterday morning.  The Natick Commuter Rail Station was under water.  I'm glad I don't need to commute through there.

We used my Handicap Placard today.  Jason's back was so bad he had to use his TENS machine and his cane.  If my ankle's not too bad, or if Jason's back isn't too bad, we don't use it, because exercise is good for us, but recently his back is so bad we need it all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment