Saturday, August 29, 2015

Whatever Happened To The Victoria's Secret I Used To Know And Love?

This blogpost is about Classic Lingerie.  If that makes you blush, perhaps you should move on.

Whatever happened to the Victoria's Secret I used to know and love?  I haven't been able to fit into their clothing in like 15 years but for fun, I thought I'd take a stroll down memory lane.  I used to wear these satin bras and matching panty sets, and I had some satin nightgowns.  I went to the website and was appalled.  They no longer carry the bras I used to wear.  Nothing even close.  So I move on to the sexy sleepwear.  Whoa!  A little too sexy for me!  I like the classic slip like style, but these were all lace and slits and peekabo this and that.  Which is totally fine if you're looking for a sexy romp with your significant other.  But when I shopped at Victoria's Secret, I was in High School.  Now, they have the PINK line intended for college students, which is a little more toned down.  But I want to know what happened to the classic basic sexy looks.  Did they go out of style?  Or did Victoria's Secret go in a completely different direction in the last 15 years?

I suppose 15 years is a long time.  It's hard to find bras that make a plus size woman feel sexy.  I get all of mine at Lane Bryant's Cacique shop.  They're not satin, but they fit well, they look good, and usually they come in fun colors.  The price can vary depending on the style and the deal at the time.  But I've looked at other places and not only are the bras completely ugly, but they cost an arm and a leg!

As for sleep wear, I get my PJ pants at Walmart for $8 a pop and wear it with a $3 tank top.  Why waste money on a $50 sleep set from a department store?  I wish I could find a fun satin nightgown to wear in the summer (not a sexy one, I like satin for the way it feels)  but I can't find one that isn't skanky.  Or affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment