Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Where To Find Friends?

I have a doctor's appointment at 8:20 am.  My ride is picking me up at 7:40 am.  It is 1:08 am.  If I go to sleep now, I will not wake up in time.  So I guess it's going to be an all-nighter.  My husband is on a backwards schedule.  He goes to bed when the sun rises and sleeps until 5 or 6 in the evening.  I usually go to bed at about 1 and sleep til 3.  I know, I know.  I sleep too much.  It's not healthy.  I get it.  But with all the pills I take it's hard to just sleep 8 hours.

I've been reading the "Strictly Platonic" ads on Craigslist, looking for friends.  Yes, that may seem sad, but all my friends live far away and we have no car.  But even though it says "strictly platonic" it's comprised mostly of horny men looking to hook up or have affairs.  I don't think they know the meaning of the word "platonic".  So since I'm not having any luck there, I'm looking on Meetup.com.  Most of the groups I would be interested in require a car or money, neither of which I have.  Maybe when I can finally afford to have a car, my husband and I can join one of the couples groups.  I saw one that looked like fun.

Tomorrow (later today?) I am seeing my High School Best Friend, the famous Shawn Boyle, MFA.  He is taking me to the 99 Restaurant for my birthday (it was January 11th, but hey, who's keeping track?) and I'm really looking forward to seeing him.  I don't think I've seen him in a year.  Possibly longer than that.

I cut my bangs tonight.  I should not be allowed to cut my own bangs.


They are short and crooked.  And gray.  I wanted to buy hair dye this past weekend but my husband didn't want to spend the money, so gray I will continue to go.  I am only 35.  My Paternal grandmother was white haired by 40, my maternal grandmother was white haired by 45, and my mother was white haired by 50.  I started going gray when I was 13 years old.  I started dying it when I was 15.

I think I shall wear my contacts and makeup tomorrow (today).  I may even wear a hat.  I'm not sure what to do with my hair.  I could leave it in braided pigtails since I'm not going to be sleeping on it.  Oh wait.  My eyes will be super dry because I won't have slept.  Scratch the contacts and makeup.

I can't wait for the Fall.  I miss my sweater dresses.  That sounds silly I know, but I love the way they look and feel.  I have two summer dresses that I really like, but other than that I wear gym shorts and tank tops.  I see dresses on LaneBryant.com that I really want but I can't afford them.  Such an expensive store!

No comments:

Post a Comment