Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Poor Cecil The Lion, Tom Brady, and Welcome Windows 10

If you haven't heard about Cecil the lion then you must not have been on the internet today.  Cecil, Zimbabwe's beloved lion, was killed by a dentist from Minnesota.  He was lured out of his protected sanctuary and shot and killed by a bow and arrow.  The dentist paid $55,000 to do this.  I don't get it.  I just don't understand how killing animals just for trophies is "fun".  I eat meat, I confess, and I wish cow's were treated humanely before being slaughtered, but it's a whole other thing to kill endangered species just to mount it's head on your wall.  It just makes me so angry and so full of rage!

Tom Brady of the New England Patriots had his suspension upheld.  4 games.  I find that excessive.  I don't care if he did destroy the phone, the whole thing is ridiculous.  Of course the rest of the country is cheering.  They HATE Tom Brady and the Patriots.  Which brings me to another point.  Why does the country (and Canada for that matter) hate all the Boston teams so much?  The Bruins are hated everywhere they go.  My best guess would be because of the fans.  The Boston/New England fans are so intense and loyal to a fault.

I am eagerly awaiting Windows 10.  I don't know if the roll-out will begin at midnight or not, but I am excited for it.  I have been running Windows 7 since I got this laptop 3 years ago.  My hard drive is full, the screen is scratched, and it is slow as molasses.  I'm thinking about saving all my Christmas and Birthday money next year and buying another laptop.  One with a bigger hard drive.  This one is only 325GB.  For now I will settle for trying out Windows 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment