Thursday, July 23, 2015

Oh The Things Brains Do!

The last week has been pretty weird.  My last post was about 6 or 7 different topics, and my post before that was about some of the celebrity filled vivid dreams I've been having.  After I had those dreams, I couldn't sleep.  Out of the last 6 nights, I've slept 2 of them.  My mind has been racing and I can't stop moving.  I mentioned this to my therapist on Monday and she agreed we would need to watch it closely.  But by the time my DBT group rolled around yesterday, it was clear, I was going manic.  After the group, I had an appointment with Orthopedics, at which I had another cortisone injection into the knee.  Then I went back up to the Behavioral Health department and asked to see my psycho-pharmacologist.  She was on vacation.  Drat.  So I explained what was going on and they set me up with one of her colleagues.  She listened to me and then gave me a new medication to take for 5 days, so I can sleep and reduce the amount of dopamine in my brain.

That was yesterday.

Today I feel a little better having gotten about 5 hours of sleep.  I went in today for my Neurology appointment which I've had scheduled for over 2 months.  It was to address the increase in migraines as well as the vertigo I've been feeling.  She put me on Topamax.

I am going to be a zombie tomorrow morning when the cleaners arrive.

I've also had some unfortunate, but not unexpected, side effects from my knee injection.  Before the injection, my pain level ranged from a 3-5.  After the lidocaine in the shot wore off, my pain level was a 9.  I took Tylenol and Ibuprofen, iced and elevated it, yet I could not bend it too far or straighten it.  Today the pain isn't quite as bad, but I still can't straighten it.  I'm told all this is normal and to wait it out.

I wish these things did not happen.  Mania, Migraines, etc.  I will take my medications as prescribed and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment