Sunday, July 19, 2015

My Hero, Stephen Fry

I have been up for 36 straight hours now.  I'm not tired.  I think I'm hypomanic.  My thoughts are going fast and my attention is very poor.  All I can manage to do is read Twitter and Facebook updates while listening to music.  When I get like this I think of Stephen Fry who is also Bipolar.  He's one of my heroes.  I saw him speak a few years ago.  I wrote a blog post about it called "A Night With Stephen Fry", if you care to look it up.  He's a British National Treasure.  It seems there's nothing he can't do.  He did a documentary on Bipolar which I watched in 6 parts on YouTube.  It was cool and moving.  I loved his work in A Bit Of Fry And Laurie, and in Blackadder as well.  I wish him all the best with his new husband.

After two visits by Comcast Techs, our internet is still intermittent.  Sometimes it's fine for hours at a time, but then it goes out 3 times in an hour.  Tomorrow I'll call them yet again.

I downloaded some music by Beecake, Billy Boyd's band, and some of Hugh Laurie's album Let Them Talk.  So far I like what I'm hearing.

My niece broke her wrist last night and had surgery this morning.  It seems she's been a real trooper.  She ended up with a full arm cast covered in paw prints.

I haven't watched any of the Hunger Games movies in a month.  I'm thinking I might watch one later this week.  Though I should really be watching Game of Thrones.  I'm only halfway through Season 1, but I had to stop because it was giving me vivid nightmares.

I miss hockey and can't wait for October to arrive.  I pray this new Bruins team is a winning team.  It seems unlikely but one can hope.  I have to watch the games on the internet now since we don't have cable anymore.  It's going to be harder to watch on the tiny popup window instead of a 42" screen.  But it's better than not watching it at all.


Here's Stephen Fry, signing books after he received an award for Humanism.


No comments:

Post a Comment