Friday, July 10, 2015

Contemplating Leaving Facebook

While Facebook has been a good way to keep in touch with friends, family, and acquaintances, I am tired of feeling bad over it.  People almost never comment or even like my posts.  Meanwhile I see all my friends get tons of likes and at least a few comments on just about everything they post.  I know I don't have many friends, but it's nice when someone acknowledges my post.

I don't like how I don't hear from some people for years and when they finally write something, it's telling me I'm doing something wrong.  I feel very unpopular.  Like no one cares about me enough to read my posts.  I admit my depression has taken hold and I'm probably overreacting to the two events that have happened in the last 24 hours.  I just want to feel loved.  Is that too much to ask?

So if I do leave Facebook, and you want to reach me, you will either have to call or email.  I'm sure I will miss your birthday, and I have no doubt that no one will remember mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment