Sunday, May 31, 2015

I Love Weddings!

I love weddings!  Sharing that special day with someone who is near and dear to you.  But unfortunately I've now missed 3 family weddings and am about to miss one of my best friend's weddings.

First came my cousin Bruce and Abby, who got married a few years ago now.  They have a dachshund named Colin.  They live outside of Toronto and are very happy.

Then the following Christmas, his sister Emily married Luc.  She looked divine in the pictures.  They have a black lab named Camille and a dalmatian named Crystal.  They live in Hamilton, Ontario near my Hab-loving cousin Ken.

Then yesterday my cousin Sarah married Jim, a just graduated Doctor.  They are going to Scotland for their honeymoon, and will then move to rural Manitoba for his residency.  They have a Burmese Mountain Dog, a golden retriever (?), and a rabbit.

My dear friend Jason is getting married at the end of June to Todd.  They have been together for 5 years (maybe longer) and got engaged in a garden in Italy.  They live in Los Angeles with their terrier Teddy.  I forget which kind of terrier he is.  They are getting married at a college and it should be amazing.  Unfortunately I cannot afford to go.  LA is too expensive for me to get to, stay in, and get around in.

I wish all my wedding stars a blissful marriage!

As for my own wedding, I had a good time.  As I watch the wedding video every year, I am reminded how much I fidget and give exasperated looks.  I don't know what that says about me but whatever.  It is what it is.  The service did start almost an hour late because we were stuck in traffic and then it took forever to get me laced up.  I had no time to adjust and before I knew it I was walking down the aisle.  I hate being rushed.  My husband looked so handsome in his tuxedo and the service was lovely.  I have to watch the wedding video to remember most of it.  The reception was okay.  The serving and cooking staff were short-handed so it took forever to get dinner out, but that's okay.  It was still great.












No comments:

Post a Comment