Friday, May 8, 2015

A Little Bit of Nostalgia

As I was listening to my playlist comprised of film scores, the song "Lothlorien" from the Lord of the Rings:  Fellowship of the Ring came on and it reminded me of how magical the experience of watching that movie for the first time.  My best friend, Shawn Boyle, dragged me to see it.  I hadn't so much as seen a preview for it, but I went, never having read the books.  I loved it.  That's an understatement.  I was so disappointed and outraged when the end credits rolled and I realized the movie was over and I would have to wait a year until The Two Towers.  I started reading the books and was halfway through the Two Towers when the movie came out.  I went to the midnight showing with my brother.  I loved it.  Totally worth not getting any sleep.  I finished the books very quickly after that.  For Return of the King I also went to the midnight showing.  I saw it 14 times in the theaters and cried every one of those times.

Now I'm just as into The Hunger Games, which I watch all the time.

I asked my grandparents to keep some old photos that they were going to shred.  I wanted to see pictures of them when they were younger. Nanny has informed me that they have put together a box for me.  I can't wait to see them.  I've always wondered what she looked like as a young woman.  The youngest picture I have of her is from 1975, at my parents' wedding.  She already had white hair then.
And of course the last few days I have been thinking about Caesar, my old family dog who passed away nearly 7 years ago.  It makes me sad when I think of how his last moments were, but he was surrounded by his loved ones when he went.  I try and remember the happy times I had with him, how he was such a good boy.  I miss him so much.  But one day I will be reunited with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment