Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Creative Rut

I'm stuck.  I'm in a creative rut.  I want to paint but am uninspired, and I want tot write only I have writer's block.  I'm on page 35, over 20,000 words written.  I'm making progress but it's slow going.  I opened the file, read the last few pages, and couldn't decide where I wanted to go next.  Even now as my mind wanders from this blog post to my story, I have nothing.  I know where the overall story is going, but I need a short term story line.  Ugh.

And as for what I want to paint, I haven't the foggiest.  Last time I wanted to paint an elephant because I had Mali on my mind.  Right now I have nothing on my mind, not even colors.  I thought about painting an abstract, but even I don't know where I want to start.  Let the Art flow...  Right?

I have to make dinner soon.  Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with a side of bread.  Something simple.

My husband watched Silver Linings Playbook, and is now watching Joe Dirt.  I love Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, and I want to see the movie.  He watched it on his computer though, that and I am not in the mood to watch a movie.  Lack of attention span.  My husband has recently been diagnosed with ADHD.  I was diagnosed 15 years ago.  He wonders why I'm not on meds for it.  I pointed out that I'm on so many meds it would probably kill me.

I follow Jackson Galaxy, the guy from My Cat From Hell, on Facebook, and his site posts rescue stories.  I like to read them because they give me a warm fuzzy feeling.  I can't wait for the day when I can adopt a kitty of my own.  I was thinking about getting a puppy but I'm not sure I could handle taking it for walks in the frigid cold of winter.  And I have no backyard.  I'd paint a cat but I don't have any cat pictures I like.  And I just painted two cats for my client.

It's Cinqo De Mayo, my aunt-in-law's birthday and wedding anniversary, and my good friend's birthday.  A busy day.  He's getting married soon, but I can't go.  I can't afford to fly to LA so going for the weekend festivities are out of the question.  It makes me sad.  He and his Fiance came to my wedding, I would really like to go.  Oh well.  You can't always get what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment