Monday, June 30, 2014

The Dark Of The Night

As I sit here in this oppressive heat with no air conditioning, trying to get tired enough to go to sleep, I am watching the angelic face of my husband sleeping.  The light is on next to me and the laptop is balanced on the bed.  But when the light goes out I had better already be half asleep.  Yes, I am a 34 year old woman is afraid of the things that go bump in the night.  I am convinced that every sound is someone coming in to murder us in our sleep.  It doesn't help that a month ago a police officer showed up at our door asking for "Corinne".  I told him no one named Corinne lives here now.  I asked him what it was about and he said the Malden Police would like to speak to her.

So in my mind people are after this "Corinne" and might come looking for her.

With the light on it's a silly story,

With the light off it's reality.

I think I am confused.


1 comment:

  1. Deprivation can indeed lead us into to think about things we shouldn't. Hopefully that lack doesn't take root to such a point that it leads to an accepted state. Anyway, I do hope that you've obtained a proper air conditioning unit for you. That would be a big comfort and can help you sleep well.

    Tommy Hopkins @ AccuTemp

    ReplyDelete