Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The NHL Awards 2014

Congratulations to Tuukka Rask and especially Patrice Bergeron who walked away with 3 honors.  Tuukka won the Vezina Trophy for being the best darn goalie of the year.  Bergy won the Selke Trophy, the NHL Foundation Award (or something like that) and the cover of NHL 15 Video games.  So for all those that I drove crazy with all my tweets and retweets (all 3,000 of them) with the hashtag #NHL15Bergeron I once again apologize but he won!

Sadly Zdeno Chara did not win the Norris Trophy for which he was nominated.  Maybe next year Big Zee.

Bergeron's speeches were well articulated and put together.  Tuukka's was...well... he admitted he was terrified.  At least he remembered to thank his girlfriend who just gave birth to their daughter 2 months ago.

Chara and Rask made the 1st NHL All-Star team, while Torey Krug made the All-Rookie Team.  Not sure what that means yet but I'm sure I'll find out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment