Sunday, June 8, 2014

Broken Wrist, Broken Foot, But Not A Broken Spirit!

I haven't written in awhile because I had a series of accidents that left me with a broken foot and a broken wrist.  So I'm going to give this a go typing with one hand.  I'm feeling more upbeat about life.  Don't get me wrong, we still have no car and money is just as tight as it ever was, but being with my husband through all of this has kept me sane.  I've gone manic since we lost the car and experienced the subsequent crash, but it only lasted a day.

My husband recently came across a blog of someone who is bipolar.  He's been reading it trying to get a better understanding of the disorder.  I suppose it is especially hard to live with someone who is bipolar.  I've gotten kicked out of an apartment for it and its symptoms.  But he is a loving and supportive husband who loves me with all his heart.  I am so thankful for this I can hardly put it into words.

Enough about that.  So the series of unfortunate events that landed me in this state.  I was waiting for a fried to pick me up and she texted me that she would be late.  I went next door to the Veterinary Hospital to see if they took snakes and guinea pigs.  I went around to the back where the entrance was.  There was a sign that said "Watch Your Step".  I saw a little lip where the door was and thought that's what the sign referred to.  I opened the door and stepped inside only to find a step down.  My ankle took the weight, turned and I heard two cracks.  The receptionist hurried over to help me up.  I got up, asked my question (they don't see exotics), and limped out.  I went out with my friend and her adorable twin babies and just limped through the pain.  When I got home I called my doctor and set up an appointment.  Then I called for a ride.  I went to wait outside, on crutches now, and I fell down the stairs, breaking my left wrist, and badly bruising both kneecaps.  Needless to say I was a wreck.  Then after all that my ride didn't show.

The next day my stepfather took me and my husband (who had been at work through all of this) to Urgent Care where they did x-rays and determined the damage.  Yikes.  Now I have to see a hand surgeon every two weeks and another orthopedist for my foot.  But I'm doing much better.  I got a purple cast for my wrist which makes me happy (the color not the cast) and a big black boot for my foot.

In other news, the piggies and snakes are doing well considering we don't have air conditioning anymore.  The snakes I'm sure love the heat and humidity and the piggies have their own fan.

All in all I'm doing well.  I do have more to report but my right hand is getting tired so I'll stop for now,  I hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to experience such an unfortunate series of events. I can't believe those happened one after the other. I'm glad you're feeling better now, although I don't think you should force yourself to move around too much just yet. I hope you avoid any more accidents. Be more careful next time and thank you for having the time to post your story. We appreciate that a lot. Keep us updated once you're feeling much better! :)

    Mary Elaine Buenconsejo @ I-OMPT

    ReplyDelete