Monday, June 9, 2014

Confusion With My Health Insurance Company

So a few weeks ago I got two sets of visitors from my Health Insurance Company.  This health insurance is available to those in the state of Massachusetts who are on Medicare and MassHealth.  The first set of people to visit told me that they would set up people to come help me unpack and organize, then they would bring someone in to help me clean the kitchen and bathroom.  Then I had a second set of visitors a week later, who introduced themselves as my case manager and my nurse.  We talked for over an hour about how they could help me find a local therapist who could see me once a week, and how they could help me with a bunch of other stuff ( a little too personal to share).  Well 10 days passed and I hadn't heard back from anyone so today I started calling people.  It turns out the people who were going to help me clean transferred my case.  So now I'm in red tape limbo.  My nurse did call me and let me know they had taken care of some of the things we talked about and how they were trying to get a therapist who would come to my house initially.

So through all of this I have remained calm and know that it will all be figured out.  Anyway, on a positive note I have found a great place to volunteer.  It is an MSPCA location at Nevin Farms.  Once we get a car again, I can go there once or twice a week and volunteer!  It's only about 10 miles away.  And I get to work with all the animals.  I love animals.  I'm very excited and can't wait, hopefully it won't be too far away in terms of time.  In the meantime I have the piggies and the snakes who need my love, and I am giving it to them whole-heartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment