Monday, June 16, 2014

Let's Double-check That, Shall We?

I had my 3 year physical exam today.  My doctor didn't know about my broken wrist and broken foot.  What?  How did she miss out on that excitement?  You see, I came in on the weekend to get x-rays so it's possible the report eluded her.  I explained what happened and she was concerned that I broke my bones so easily.  So she ordered a calcium test.  She is also checking my cholesterol level and checking to see if I'm diabetic.  Then I told her I've been having trouble swallowing things.  So she ordered a thyroid test.  She also ordered a parathyroid test in case it's acting up again (I had a parathyroid tumor a few years ago).  Then she referred me to an ENT doctor for my swallowing problem.  Other than that it was uneventful.

Two more weeks in a cast and my giant boot.  The hand surgeon says I'm healing nicely.  Which is fantastic!  No more frozen food, I'll be able to cook and clean again!  Speaking of cleaning, organizing and unpacking, my nurse has informed me that it's all been approved.  I will get several 4-hour blocks of time with the people who will help me out.  I'm super excited for that.

Tomorrow my husband and I are cleaning out the snakes' enclosures.  Then we'll clean out the piggies' playpen.  It will be a pet day.  The day after I see the ENT and start with a new therapist.  I'm hoping we click because I hate shopping around for therapists.  I'm not ashamed to say I need one.  Tons of people see therapists these days.

Now I'm going to share with you a picture of my blue cast.


1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit surprised with how your doctor could've missed your broken wrist and foot after having done a physical on you. I guess she was too caught up on the calcium test that she forgot to let you undergo an x-ray. The next time it happens, make sure to mention your broken wrist and foot to the doctor immediately. Anyway, it's good that you're healing up pretty quickly. You should be fine soon enough, and you'll be able to go back to doing your daily routine. Take care!|

    Coralie Tauber @ Steadman Hawkins Clinic-Denver

    ReplyDelete