Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Concerning Test Results

The good news is that my calcium, thyroid, and parathyroid levels are all normal.

The bad news is my cholesterol and Glucose is high.  I have been diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes.  But if you look at the numbers I am only 2 points below Type 2 Diabetes.  So I'm changing my diet, and I went for a walk yesterday (without my boot, shhh!  Don't tell my doctor).  It's really depressing actually because I've been losing weight.  I've lost almost 40 pounds in the last year, yet now is the time I get it.  I guess I'll just have to lose more.

Dinner will be the tricky meal.  I get a version of meals on wheels for lunches.  They're actually pretty good.  And I don't have to worry about portion control.  But dinner...  Tomorrow I'm going back to cooking chicken, veggies, and potatoes.  No more frozen crap for us.  My husbands physical is two weeks away and he's afraid he'll have the same diagnosis or worse.  So we're going to go walking together and eat healthy together.

In the meantime I've been put on metformin for the pre-diabetes and Lipitor for the high cholesterol.  I just hope I can motivate myself to change.  This is a real wake-up call.  Time to make the coffee and live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment