Thursday, January 15, 2015

Where Did The Passion Go?

I have painter's block.  I want to paint but once I've set everything up I feel like I can't do the painting justice, and I clean up all my supplies.  This has been going on for more than a week.  I painted a picture of one of my guinea pigs on Sunday, but other than that I can't seem to find my passion.  I enjoy painting and even though I've never sold one, I still like to think of myself as an artist.

Maybe it's because I've been run down with a cold-like bug.  Once I feel like myself again, I'm hoping to start up again.

I did receive praise for my self portrait.  I was told that it actually looked like me.  That's a huge deal since very few of my paintings look like who they're supposed to.  With the exception of my portrait of Hugh Laurie as House.

No comments:

Post a Comment