Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Birthday To Remember

It's my birthday today.  I am now 35 years old.  To some that will sound old and to some it will sound young.  I am older than almost all the Bruins, which is scary.  I've done a lot of thinking about turning 35 and I've decided to embrace it.  Even though my memory is slowly going already, I feel happy with who I am.  I'm more confident, and I have someone to share my life with.  Yes life for us is extremely stressful right now, but as a whole I am happy.

For my birthday, my mother in law took me to A.C. Moore to buy acrylic paints.  I didn't get quite as many as I had hoped because they were more expensive than I remembered.  My in laws gave me a generous amount of money to spend, so I'm definitely not complaining about that.  At least the store had a good collection of the brand I buy.

For dinner, my mother and stepfather took us to a Chinese buffet.  One of my brothers was there with his very pregnant wife, and two of my friends came with their boyfriends.  We all had good food and good conversation.

Unfortunately I had scheduled the dinner at the same time as the Patriots/Ravens playoff game.  Oops.  In my defense though, I had this dinner planned before the Pats made the playoffs.

This morning, my actual birthday, my husband and I cooked maple sausage and scrambled eggs for breakfast.  We then made our way to the bakery 0.6 miles away, picked up my cake and two Lobster Tails, and returned home.  It was all of 20F out.  Unfortunately for me, the boot I have to wear for my sprained ankle gave me a blister.  That was probably the only down side of the day.  The cake was vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and strawberry filling.  I had a piece a few minutes ago and damn it was good.  For dinner we're going to have chimichangas.  Mmmm...

I painted this afternoon.  Nothing overly impressive, just a picture of Oreo, my guinea pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment