Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My First Professional Job

I have been commissioned by a fan of mine to paint her cats.  I am very excited, because this will be the first painting I've ever sold.  She is sending me a few pictures of her cats and I will paint from there.  I will not rush through it, I will take my time.  It's time I was challenged and this is the perfect opportunity.  I just hope I can live up to her expectations.  And since she's paying me, I can go get more paints, as I'm still low on yellows.

For reasons, I will not be posting a picture until my client has her piece in hand, so as not to spoil the surprise.  Photographs of paintings never come out right, anyway, with my little point and shoot.

I did get a suggestion from one of my Facebook friends to try doing a still life rather than painting from pictures.  I will have to try that once I get another easel.  For now I'm laying a dropcloth on my headboard and using that to paint.  Not very professional, I know, but my last easel was thrown out when we moved 10 months ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment