Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When It Rains... It Pours

I have had pain in my left ear for over a month.  I had an appointment to see the Ear Nose and Throat doctor today.  But then I had a wacky breakout of symptoms on Saturday.  I got severe vertigo, a pounding headache, ear pain, blurred vision and sinus pain.  I went to Urgent Care twice, and then to the ER so they could do a head CT.  The head CT only showed a sinus infection, which was good.  I mean does anyone really want a stroke?  No.

I got home from the ER at about 6 on Sunday.  Two hours later there was a bright swirling mass in the peripheral area of my left eye.  On Monday the eye doctor insisted I come in immediately.  I had to drop $40 on a cab because we don't have a car and I couldn't set up a ride last minute like that.  The eye showed an abnormality where I lost vision so they sent me to the retinal surgeon today. I show up and they dilate my eyes and peak inside.  The surgeon ruled out a detached retina but sent me to do a field vision test.  By this time I'd already missed my ENT appointment.  Grrr.  The test showed a large area in which I couldn't see.

One last test was evaluated.  I had to have pictures of my retina taken.  The scan showed that my retina is thin where the vision is lost, and he said that a clot wouldn't caused this.  He told me my vision may or may not come back.  I have to repeat the tests in two weeks.

As for the ENT I have to reschedule that for as soon as possible.  I'm still having ear pain and a lot of pressure in my sinuses. I get sinus infections often so I know how they are.  I'm just so aggravated I have to go all the way back into Boston for another appointment.  I live 20 miles away in a suburb of Lowell and with traffic, that's a long ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment