Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day and More Snow

Valentine's Day used to be a holiday I hated.  Then seven years ago, I posted an ad on February 13th on Craigslist, and I got only one of many responses in which the replier spoke in complete sentences.  I began communicating with this man online through email and AOL IM.  We spent the next few months just chatting, getting to know each other a little more.  Finally on March 30th we had our first date.  We watched Back To The Future,ordered in dinner, and just hung out. Then we stayed in touch for another year but didn't see each other.  I even dated someone else.  But a year after our first date I asked if we could try the dating thing again.  And we did.  That man is now my husband.  I no longer fear Valentine's Day.  It just reminds me of my one true love.  Once we were engaged, my fiance bought me a diamond heart.  Nothing expensive, just tiny diamonds in a silver heart.  A few years later he bought me Mr.Bear.

This Valentine's Day, my husband got me a red rose.  I made him dinner.  Terrikayi Steak Tips with Pierogies and Corn.  His favorite.

So the snow.  Boiston has something like 8 feet of snow now and we're expecting more tomorrow.  Where we live it's a few feet less, but it's still ridiculous.  The MBTA announced today that if there are no more snow storms, it will take a month to get everything back on schedule.  That's insane.  I don't have to commute since I don't work, but for those that normally have a 3-4 hour commute a day, it becomes 6-7 hours.

And the cold has been bad.  Last night the temperation was only -5F with a windchill of -25F.  Our apartment has never been so cold.  The poor piggies.  I cuddled them and they liked that.  Now at least the heat seems to be working.  Tonight it's only down to 1F.  Enough with the cold and the snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment