Friday, February 21, 2014

Canada VS Sweden

A Bruin will win the gold and another Bruin will win the Silver.  And if Finland defeats the USA, another Bruin will have the Bronze.  Patrice Bergeron may not have scored the game-winning goal today but he was part of a team effort and that effort beat the US Hockey Team.  Now my parents are Canadians but I was born here in Boston.  Which makes me half and half.  So if the USA had won today's game I wouldn't have been disappointed other than the fact there's no Bruin on the US team.

Loui Eriksson is on the Swedish team which beat a Tuukka Rask-less Finland.  Where Tuukka was I'm not sure.  I heard a rumor he was ill.  It would take a lot to keep him from playing a game.  Anyway, they beat Finland and are guaranteed either a silver or gold.  Canada beat Team USA so they're guaranteed a medal as well.  It should be an interesting bronze medal game.  Hopefully Tuukka's back in the net.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Bruins play again.  I can't wait for the season to start up again.  Put Chara back where he belongs.  With competent players. Nothing aginst Team Slovakia but I wish they had one at least one game.  Chara can't single handedly win games.

Okay, I'm moving in 10 days, I should go pack.  I'll comment again after the Bronze Medal game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment