Monday, September 7, 2015

3:00 AM Labor Day Musings

It is a little after 3:00 am on Labor Day.  I think about many things on this cool morning.  A heat wave is coming in a day, I'll have to keep a close watch on the piggies.  I don't like the heat.  I prefer the cool of Autumn.  I don't even mind Winter so much, as long as I'm not waiting at the bus stop for over an hour as I did last Winter.  I'm looking forward to wearing my sweater dresses again.

I'm thinking about Eliot, the kitten that the Wheaton's were fostering but decided to keep.  Such a cute and affectionate kitten.  One of the people in my guinea pig Facebook group just got a new kitten and shared a picture of her guinea pig licking the kitten.  I don't need any more pets, but I like to imagine getting a kitten or a dog to cuddle.  My guinea pigs are good to cuddle with and they are very therapeutic to hold.  Penny, Bernie, and Amy are almost 4 years old.  I hope they have a lot of life left in them.

Life is so precious.  I think everyone deserves some shot at happiness.  It makes me sad to think about how lonely my husband's life was before we met.  I was lonely and I had a few close friends and many friends.  I was missing something.  Something I found when I fell in love with my husband.  I wish everyone could find that something.

I hate Labor Day sales.  No one should have to work on Labor Day.  Especially those who work in retail.  It's like the stores that open on Thanksgiving so people can shop Black Thursday sales.  It just doesn't seem right.

Soon it will be hockey season again.  I hope against hope that this new Bruins team will be up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment