Monday, December 29, 2014

I Need Acrylic Paints

I painted for the first time in almost 4 years on Christmas.  I painted again the following evening, only to discover that many of my paints were dried up or almost gone.  Black was a crushing blow, as "The Cliffs of PEI" required a black coat.  I improvised and used dark purple instead, since both tubes of black had rubberized.

To solve this problem I asked for gift cards to either Michael's or A.C. Moore from anyone who wants to give me a present.  My mother-in-law is going to take me on an A.C. Moore shopping spree the day before my birthday, which is less than two weeks away.

But in the meantime, I can't really paint, and I really want to!  My husband suggests that I sketch, but I just am not as into sketching.  I do have watercolors, perhaps I can experiment with them.

We ordered a toy for the piggies for Christmas and 3 of their birthdays,  Penny and Bernie just turned 3, and Amy will be 3 in about a week.

I don't want to talk about the Bruins.

Here is my latest abstract painting, "The Cliffs of PEI"


No comments:

Post a Comment