Thursday, December 25, 2014

All I Want For Christmas...Is Paint

I got a lot of things we desperately needed for Christmas this year.  A month ago, our last fitted sheet for our King Size bed ripped.  I got two sets of 600-thread count sheets.  I also got, towels, dish towels, a calendar, socks, hay for the guinea pigs, 2 plush PJ pants, and an HDTV amplified antenna.  It was a good year.  I appreciate all I got and I only wish I could reciprocate.

I got home from spending the afternoon with my in-laws, and a strange urge to paint came over me.  I didn't know what I wanted to paint, but I wanted my acrylics and I couldn't for the life of me find them after an hour of searching.  After initially giving up, I decided to attack the pile of boxes in the corner of the living room.  Sure enough, in the very last box I opened, there they were.  I haven't painted in years.  I had blank canvases, paints, and a drop cloth.  I think my easel didn't survive the move last March, so I set up shop on the bed, using the head board to lean my canvas against.  An hour and a half later, I was finished.

When I had asked my husband what I should paint, he suggested a landscape.  He can't stand my portraits, as he feels like the eyes are staring into his soul.  So for Christmas I gave my husband a painting to hang in our purple bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment