Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year! Welcome Year of Trials and Tribulations

A little over 2 hours ago, my husband and I changed the television station from the Three Stooges marathon to a network station and watched the final 4 minutes of 2014 slip by.  At midnight I kissed my husband, then we toasted to the year 2015, me with cheap champagne and he with sparkling apple cider.  We looked at the live shot of Times Square in NYC, before turning back to the Three Stooges marathon.  I plugged myself back into my computer and listened to showtunes.  It all went without much ceremony.  Just a quiet New Year's Eve, just the two of us.

As I look forwards to the new year I have to wonder about 2015.  I'm going to be 35 in less than two weeks.  That's the age when childless women really start to rethink their decision not to have children.  I probably can't have my own children anyway, I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), but sometimes I do want to be a mom.  Children are out of the question, we simply can't afford them.  We can barely take care of ourselves.

2015 brings in some medical concerns.  My husband will most likely have his back surgery in a few months time.  We pray it will greatly improve his quality of life.  Back surgery is a scary thing to undergo, though I suppose open heart surgery is worse.  We just have to trust the surgeon not to sneeze during surgery, paralyzing my husband.  (I'm only kidding, honey, that won't happen).

I hope the Bruins improve in the year 2015.  They had a lousy Fall of 2014, let's see if the new year brings new attitude and strength to the team.

So to all those that are experiencing the New Year by celebrating with alcohol, PLEASE do not drive drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment