Friday, February 25, 2011

A Hobby For the Hubby

My husband and I are trying to find him a hobby.  He likes watching YouTube videos, but would like to expand his horizons.  Some ideas are sketching, painting, photography, but then I remembered he has a bass guitar in our closet.  I think he's going to give the bass a try.  Now I need to research good ways he can teach himself.  We can't afford lessons, so books and YouTube videos it is to teach him.  I think if he can get past the initial hand and finger pain, he'll really love it.  So it leads me to wonder, should I learn to play an instrument so we can form our own band?  I'm not really cut out for most instruments seeing as I won't commit to practicing.  I was thinking maybe a mouth organ.  That's a Harmonica for all you people who don't watch the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. 

As for my hobbies, I love to paint, write novels, and take pictures.  We got me a new drop cloth at Home Depot last night so I can start painting again.  It's been almost two years since I did my last painting.  I am itching to paint again, but now need inspiration.  I don't know what I want to paint, or who.  Well, I want to paint a portrait, I have the urge to work on my skin tones and shadowing.  But the question is who?  Maybe...Craig Ferguson? 

No comments:

Post a Comment