Saturday, July 12, 2014

Healthy Living Isn't So Bad

It took me a few weeks to process that I have Pre-Diabetes before I actually began to make lifestyle changes.  Now, instead of eating heated up frozen foods, I grill some chicken, throw it over a salad and add a light balsamic vinaigrette.  I eat healthy portion controlled sized lunches and fruit for snacks.  I also started walking.  I can't let myself end up with Type 2 Diabetes.  I just can't.  I have the opportunity to fix this and I'm going to.  It also helps that my husband is making the changes with me so I'm not doing it alone.  I admit I crave food that's terrible for me, but not having a car makes it so I can't just run to the store and buy cake or ice cream whenever I feel like it.

My wrist is still painful.  I can't bear weight on it in certain positions.  I should probably wear the splint more.  I just want to be better.

I mentioned my hair in the last post.  Here are a few pictures so you can see how red it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment