Saturday, February 6, 2016

Mistaken Identity

I posted this picture on Facebook:

I tagged my husband, which means his friends could see the picture too.  One of his friends asked if I was his mother.  I replied, "Um no, I'm his wife.  I'm 36, but went prematurely gray."  We then went back and forth, me trying to make her feel less bad about confusing me with his 61 year old mother, and her telling me the gray hair suits me, and I really do NOT look 61. 

I have been confused for a woman in her 40s, and 50s, and now 60s.  But I will not dye it.  I stopped dying it a year ago, and even though the temptation hits me as I pass by the hair dye section at CVS and Walmart, I resist.  Too much work.  And now my hair is so gray the roots show almost immediately, so I'd have to touch it up every two weeks.  I'm just not up for that. 

Just call me, "The Silver Fox".

No comments:

Post a Comment